CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Milena's Feijao Tropeiro

Ingredients:

1 Onion (medium)
1 package of Bacon (I like to use the tick cut and has to be original)
Tons of Garlic :)
1 bunch of Collards green or Kale
1 ring of Kielbasa Beef sausage ( I added the picture for you Marcia)
1 pound of cooked Black Beans (I make my own but you can use it from the can!? Not the same tough :)
Salt and Pepper as desired.
1 cup of Manioc Flour.




Preparation:

1) Fry the bacon cut in small pieces, onions and garlic together. Get rid of some of the grease from the bacon but leave a good amount so your beans won't be dry.
2) when the bacon is looking almost done you add the sausage.
3) when the bacon and sausage are done you add the Collard Greens or Kale thinned sliced. ( I added the pictures for you)
4) When you see that it is all done and crispy you add the beans without any water in it.
5) Let it fry for 10 minutes and add salt and pepper, remember that the beans will be tasting bacon so go easy with the salt.
6) Add the manioc flour slowly, I like my beans moisty so I always make sure to do not add to much flour. Let it simmer for 10 minutes and it is ready!
Serve and enjoy it! :)
PS: Some people add eggs, other kinds of sausage or beans. This is Milena's Tropeiro Beans recipe! :)

1 comments:

Unknown

eu adorei!

Post a Comment